if you are “above” pop music you are probably boring
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
This is one of my favorite meals. Avocado salad rolls & peanut sauce!
oh mY GOD I need this right now
want so bad
this looks so fuckinadflaj good
“His first name is Agent.”
Scope out the declassified S.H.I.E.L.D. badges featuring the stars of the upcoming series, coming to ABC Tuesdays this fall!
Gonna quickly throw in an epic quote I found on this article.
KJKJ: Gene Roddenberry, with balls of brass, got up on national tv and said, “hey people, if a geneticist took all the best DNA from planet Earth and put it together to make the best human the world has ever seen - he wouldn’t be a white guy.”
This is why I find the casting of a white actor in this role to be so repugnant. They are not whitewashing an Asian role, they are saying that the best genetic material that the entirety of this world and it’s diversity has to offer….still comes from a white guy.
As much as I love scifi and in that, star trek, I’m going to have to exercise my right as a moviegoer not to see this film and support it with my money for this very reason. This is coming from a J.J. Abrams fanboy who’s been on the ‘Bad Robot’ bandwagon since its inception, since lost, fringe, super 8, and anything scifi related touched by Abrams.
But I feel like if I do go I’d be the biggest fucking hypocrite to call out white washing while watching an evidently white washed film. I can’t deal with seeing Hollywood continuously cast us people of color as background and supporting characters or automatically assign roles to white people where a person of color would be a likelier fit. It makes no real sense to the authenticity of the story you’re trying to tell to use some white guy, you essentially say that was your best pick of all the actors both white and colored available, and that’s bullshit. Even when it would make more sense to make it genuinely diverse, not half-ass it.
I know you’ve seen me promote the film on here but that was before it was officially confirmed who would be playing Kahn, since Abrams was coy enough to keep that under wraps until the movie was released. Such a potentially great film ruined by shitty casting and typical white wash. Maybe this may not mean much to white people since it just further promotes the idea that they’re the best example of a human whether dealing with intelligent and valiant heroes or intelligent, multidimensional and valiant villains. But to me, I’m pretty sick and tired of that bullshit and obviously intentional white washing of the real diversity we’re a part of. It shouldn’t be this disproportiate and we have to speak out on bullshit like this even when our favorite directors are doing it.
So as much as it pains my little scifi driven heart, Star Trek: Into Whiteness, I pass.
I’ll probably end up watching it online anyway so I guess my money won’t go to this.